I extend my warm welcome to visit our website and to know about the ideas and ideals on which GPWM is built and evolving in tune with local, state and national aspirations .
In a knowledge-based world, technical education and research are crucial to the entire developmental process of a country, its welfare, progress and security. This tool becomes even more important in empowering women through special focus on girls which constitute roughly 50% of this country population. Knowing this fact, GPW Morni was established in the year 2008-09 by the Department of Technical Education Haryana. Our educational and training programs are guided by our vision, mission, core values and anchored around the philosophy that today’s technocrats need to acquire specialized knowledge, skills and attitudes besides managerial skills with ethics.
As a Principal and CEO of this institute, I hope to see this polytechnic as top most premier institution for girls in the years to come in the area of technical education through the path
- Providing Academic autonomy so as to have flexibility to update the curriculum tune to the current trends with interdisciplinary perspective and choice of electives.
- By having focus in the teaching/learning process on integrating skills such as problem solving and logical reasoning, process orientation, learning ability, English communication and programming fundamentals.
- By ensuring Industry participation to ensure actual demand and supply requirements of the industry.
- Having a comprehensive system of internal assessment covering all aspects of a student’s growth.
- For enhancing employability, making summer internships an integral part of the curriculum.
- Ensuring vibrant and talented student community comprising students from all parts of the state, who are actively involved in seminars, student meets and competitions, sports & cultural events and social & community work.
- Ensuring institute participation in local community development.
Sports & Cultural Women Festival for local area girls since last two years; setting of new state of art lab; best maintained campus; students e-enabled education/ performance evaluation initiatives and well meaning students industrial trainings are a few of them.
The target for next three years is fully interactive e-enabled education system with accountability and transparency, extra strong focus on practical training, further improvement in sports and cultural participations and more need based training programs for local community leading to the complete education concept which is the need for our youth.
Have a wonderful experience in navigation through our website.
Ranbir Singh Sangwan
Principal, Govt. Polytechnic for Women